The Windows Virtual PC is the free virtualization software for Windows 7 which allows user to setup a virtual machine to run more than one operating system at the same time on one computer, and to run legacy productivity application software on a virtual Windows XP Mode environment which otherwise does not compatible with Windows 7 system.
With the release of Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft has updated and refreshed Windows Virtual PC to support Windows 7 SP1 as guest operating system. The refreshed version of Windows Virtual PC with version number of 6.1.7600.16393 supports the following Host and Guest Operating systems:
- Host: Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise.
- Guest: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Professional, Windows Vista Enterprise Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise.
Windows XP Mode, a free pre-installed and pre-activated Windows XP SP3 virtual machine, has no change and can still be downloaded. If you haven’t upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 and the system has no hardware virtualization, download the patch to disable hardware VT requirement of Windows Virtual PC.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links