The first hotfix for Windows 7 is now officially released. The Update for Windows 7 Beta (KB961367) is the first publicly known update the Microsoft released for Windows 7, albeit the official beta will only start in 2 days. KB 961367 update is intended to fix a bug where Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) in Windows 7 may potentially cause data corruption issue on MP3 files.
The symptom of the MP3 corruption problem is that approximately 2-3 seconds will get shaved off from the beginning of MP3s that have variable bitrate if user configures Windows Media Player 12 settings to retrieve additional information from the Internet to update the media files. To make matter worse, by default, WMP12 will apply this setting if user uses the express “Recommended settings” during setup on first run of WMP version 12, effectively damaging the MP3 music tracks before users know about it.
Here’s the warning by Microsoft for those who intends to download and install Windows 7 beta:
To protect your MP3 files:
- Before you install this Beta release, back up all MP3 files that might be accessed by the computer, including those on removable media or network shares.
- Install the Beta release of Windows 7; download and install the Update to Windows 7 Beta (KB961367) located on this page.
With the public availability of Windows 7 beta, Microsoft releases Update for Windows 7 Beta (KB961367) in MSDN and TechNet Subscriber Downloads page to fix the bug and protect the MP3 files for users who use the Windows 7 beta build 7000. The KB961367 is not be published on Microsoft Download Center yet, but can be download using the links below.
Update for Windows 7 Beta (KB961367) (x86)
File Name: update_for_windows_7_beta_x86_kb961367.msu
Update for Windows 7 Beta (KB961367) (x64)
File Name: update_for_windows_7_beta_x64_kb961367.msu
The KB961367 Update has been posted on Microsoft Download Center. Install KB961367 update to resolve live and recorded TV issues in Windows Media Center, recorded TV playback issues in Windows Media Player, and MP3 file corruption issues in Windows 7 Beta.
Direct Download Links from Microsoft Download Center:
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite Free Download With Genuine License Series Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18262 Released To Insiders in the Fast Ring and Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18267 – What’s New, Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- O&O DiskImage Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Avira Prime Free 3-Months All-in-One Premium Services – Avira Antivirus Pro, Avira Phantom VPN Pro, Avira Identity Scanner Pro, Avira System Speedup Pro, Avira Software Updater Pro, Password Manager Pro