After installation of Windows Vista SP1 beta (download SP1 beta via Windows Update), there will be a tiny desktop imprint watermark on the bottom right corner of Vista desktop with message saying Evaluation copy, Build 6001. The watermark appears even if Vista already activated and is simply annoying and irritating especially when you need to use your notebook computer for presentation. Here’s the way to remove and get rid of the watermark.
The trick to remove watermark of Vista SP1 beta is pretty similar to the way to remove watermark when using unactivated trial of Vista, which cracks the user32.dll.mui file.
- Download the RemoveWatermark.zip package which contains cracked user32.dll.mui and watermark_fix.reg file.
- Uncompress and extract the archive package to a folder.
- Double click on watermark_fix.reg file to merge and install new registry keys. These new registry keys will add a right click contextual menu item of Take Ownership command when you right click on file or folder.
- Now, take ownership of user32.dll.mui file located in C:\Windows\System32\en-US\ folder. After merging registry value above, you can simply navigate to C:\Windows\System32\en-US\ folder, right click on user32.dll.mui and select Take Ownership option.
- Make a backup copy of user32.dll.mui file by renaming the file to user32.dll.mui.bak.
- Copy the downloaded and cracked version of user32.dll.mui to C:\Windows\System32\en-US\ folder, and replacing existing file if applicable.
- Reboot the computer.
The Vista evaluation copy watermark should be disappeared, removed and gone from Vista desktop.
Update: Download the latest patched user32.dll.mui for Vista SP1 RC Preview (v.658).
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links