Desktop is one of the most commonly used locations in Windows operating system. Many users put all sort of things on the desktop because of convenient and the fact that desktop is one of the most prominent and easy to remember location. On the desktop may be shortcuts to programs and files, or even the files themselves. As the result, as time goes by, the icons on the desktop grow, some can be many.
To make matter worse, many applications likes to install shortcut icons on the desktop by default, some unannounced, in the attempt to improve the visibility and usability of the software.
As the result, desktop can get cluttered pretty quickly, making the task of finding files and shortcuts difficult and time consuming. Furthermore, too many icons may hide the beauty of the picture or photo that is set as the desktop wallpaper.
If you want to quickly view the blank desktop, i.e. without any icons or shortcuts, here’s the trick to quickly hide all the desktop icons.
How to Hide Desktop Icons
Right-click at any empty space on the desktop to bring up the context menu. Then, go to View and unselect Show desktop icons to clear the tick on the option. Once disabled, all icons, files, and shortcuts located on the desktop will be removed from desktop and hidden away.
Note: In Windows XP, go to Arrange Icons By instead.
To reverse the change and bring back the desktop icons, re-select and re-enable the “View desktop icons” again.
Share This Post
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Images Download Links & Product Key Live
- Steganos Online Shield VPN Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key Giveaway
- Free 256 Microsoft eBook Giveaway – Windows 10, Office 365, Office 2016, Office 2013, Power BI, Azure, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013, Dynamics CRM, PowerShell, Exchange Server, System Center, Windows Client, Cloud, SQL Server, Windows Server
- Free 18 Android Paid Apps & Games Worth More Than $30 [Screenshot Pro 2, Network Signal Refresher Pro, Multiple Timer PRO, More]
- AVG PC TuneUp Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key
- Reverso Context – Most Reliable Translate Application