Desktop is one of the most commonly used locations in Windows operating system. Many users put all sort of things on the desktop because of convenient and the fact that desktop is one of the most prominent and easy to remember location. On the desktop may be shortcuts to programs and files, or even the files themselves. As the result, as time goes by, the icons on the desktop grow, some can be many.
To make matter worse, many applications likes to install shortcut icons on the desktop by default, some unannounced, in the attempt to improve the visibility and usability of the software.
As the result, desktop can get cluttered pretty quickly, making the task of finding files and shortcuts difficult and time consuming. Furthermore, too many icons may hide the beauty of the picture or photo that is set as the desktop wallpaper.
If you want to quickly view the blank desktop, i.e. without any icons or shortcuts, here’s the trick to quickly hide all the desktop icons.
How to Hide Desktop Icons
Right-click at any empty space on the desktop to bring up the context menu. Then, go to View and unselect Show desktop icons to clear the tick on the option. Once disabled, all icons, files, and shortcuts located on the desktop will be removed from desktop and hidden away.
Note: In Windows XP, go to Arrange Icons By instead.
To reverse the change and bring back the desktop icons, re-select and re-enable the “View desktop icons” again.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements