There may be times that one may accidentally or forgetfully closes a web browsing tab while surfing the world wide web in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) which has loaded important web page. Internet Explorer 8 has built-in mechanism that able to help user in “tab not found” situation, which is ability to reopen closed tabs, with support of up to 10 previously closed tabs.
Internet Explorer 8 has included Reopen Closed Tabs feature that saves and stores the history of last ten exited or closed tabs. Best of all, when a tab is reopen, not only the web page state is recovered, but also all browsing history (surfing trace) on the tab is restored too.
How to Reopen Closed Tabs in IE8 with Keyboard Shortcut
Press Ctrl + Shift + T keyboard shortcut will reopen the last closed tab. Press the same keyboard shortcut sequence again will open another tab that was closed prior before the previously opened tab. Ctrl + Shift + T supports restoration of up to last 10 tabs that are closed during the browsing session.
How to Restore Closed Tabs in IE8 in New Tab Page
If may be easier to be able to browse and select which already closed tabs that user wants to reopen. IE8 provides such as option to reopen one or more closed tabs too, in “New Tab” page, which also displays complete web page titles of the closed tabs.
To open a new tab page, just press Ctrl + T keyboard shortcut, or click on New Tab button on the Tab bar.
In the new tab page, there will be a Reopen closed tabs section. The last ten recently closed tabs that have been closed since starting Internet Explorer will be listed. Just click on the one that user wants to reopen. To reopen all closed tabs, just click on Open All link.
Note that IE8 will only remember the tabs that is been closed or exited during the current browsing session. If a user has completely close and exit IE browser window frame, he or she will need to restore last browsing session to get back any opened tabs while exiting IE8.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links