One of the many features in Windows 7 is Windows Touch, which provides multi-touch gestures functionality for the operating system, taking cue from multi-touch capability of iPhone and iPod Touch. Various applications in Windows 7 such as photo viewing program, Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and mapping application has built-in support to respond to multi-touch gesture, based on Microsoft Surface technology. In fact, Windows 7 multi-touch demo by Microsoft year ago managed to create a buzz strongly.
With the impending arrival of Windows 7, Microsoft introduces Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7, which consists of 6 multi-touch optimized application software and games for Windows 7. These touch-sensitive apps composed of 3 casual games and 3 Microsoft Surface applications that have been created for Windows 7.
Microsoft Surface Globe
Google Earth competitor from Microsoft. Microsoft Surface Globe uses the Virtual Earth 3D engine to display a 3D version of the world. Using multi-touch, you can navigate to different regions, get local information, and “pin” your favorite locations. You can even “fly” around 3D models of buildings in some cities. To see how multi-touch works in Microsoft Surface Globe, check out video below.
Microsoft Surface Collage
Microsoft Surface Collage is essentially touch-enabled Windows Photo Viewer with collage function, where users can arrange and resize them using only fingertips. Then, users can save the collage and make it the desktop background.
Microsoft Surface Lagoon
Microsoft Surface Lagoon is a screensaver that you can interact with using multi-touch. It recreates the natural environment of water and schooling fish. It is really relaxing to run your fingers through the “water” and hold your finger down and watch the fish gather around.
Microsoft Blackboard is a puzzle game of physics. Player solves the game by creating a nifty machine on a virtual blackboard. Use gestures to rotate and resize gears, fans, seesaws and more to move balloons and balls toward the light bulbs – and victory.
Microsoft Rebound is another casual game that can play against computer or friend similar to Air Hockey. Use your fingers to propel a ball and annihilate your opponent in Microsoft Rebound.
Microsoft Garden Pond
Microsoft Garden Pond is another game where player guides the origami creations to peaceful areas on the pond or direct them with gestures to complete goals that have been set for player. Gently move the origami by making ripples in the water.
Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 looks promising, although it reminds many users to the less than it’s worth promise of Windows Vista Ultimate Extras. It will be available about the same time with general availability of Windows, and probably will be provided for free to OEM PC makers who will have the option to pre-install some, none, or all of the applications available in the Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 on PCs designed for Windows Touch. It’s unclear whether Microsoft will provide direct download for Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 setup installer.
Download Touch Pack for Windows 7
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs