Apple has launched its new fifth generation iPod nano that encased in a gorgeous polished aluminum and glass enclosure, which adds the new built-in video camera, microphone and speaker, allowing users to record H.264 VGA video (640 x 480 pixels) at up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio.
“iPod nano is the world’s most popular music player with over 100 million sold,” said Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple. “And now we’ve added a video camera to its incredibly thin design, without any additional cost to the user.”
Features Of New iPod Nano (5th Generation):
- Large 2.2-inch TFT display with 240 x 376 pixel resolution for your viewing pleasure
- Shoot video with 15 real-time special effects – Sepia, Black and White, X-Ray, Film Grain, Thermal, Security Cam, Cyborg, Bulge, Kaleido, Motion Blur, Mirror, Light Tunnel, Dent, Stretch, and Twir
- FM radio with live pause and iTunes Tagging – make it smarter than the average radio
- Genius Mixes automatically creates up to 12 endless mixes of songs from your iTunes library that go great together
- VoiceOver speaks the names of songs and artists, so users can navigate their music without looking at the display
- Built-in pedometer helps you to meet your short and long-term fitness goals by keeping track of your steps taken and calories burned
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery supports up to 24 hours of music playback or 5 hours of video playback on a single charge
- Available in 9 brilliant colors including silver, black, purple, blue, green, orange, yellow, (PRODUCT) RED and pink
- Dimensions: 3.6 (H) x 1.5 (W) x 0.24 (D) inches ; Weight: 1.28 ounces
The new ultra-thin and sleek iPod nano (5G) that available in two variants of memory capacities – 8GB and 16GB, are now available for $149 and $179, respectively.
Update: iPod nano 6G (Sixth Generation)