The world’s leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions, Seagate has launched the next generation of home theater solution to offer consumers a rich, simple way to enjoy their digital media library on a TV – Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ (Plus) HD media player, which utilizes an unique docking system to connect your Seagate FreeAgent Go external hard drives aimed to eliminate fumbling with cables and connections.
“There is so much media that is now being captured and created through various methods and stored on the PC, yet the computer is not the ideal way to enjoy these photos and videos,” said Terry Cunningham, senior vice president for Seagate Branded Solutions. “The FreeAgent Theater provides the easiest way to view and enjoy video and photos on your HDTV. Simply load up a Seagate FreeAgent Go hard drive and drop it into the FreeAgent Theater+ HD media player dock. It’s a behavior we’ve all been familiar with for years with VHS and DVDs, but now with digital HD enjoyment.”
Highlights Of Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ HD Media Player:
- Unique docking system designed for Seagate FreeAgent Go portable drives and accessories
- View high-definition content with 1080p HD video playback via HDMI
- DTS 2.0 + Digital Out and Dolby Digital surround sound technology
- Two additional USB ports for connecting other USB attached storage devices
- Ethernet connection to access shared content on your network or streaming of content from the Internet
- Optional USB Wireless Adapter that offers 802.11n wireless connectivity to a home network is expected to ship in coming October for around $70
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X operating systems, as well as NTFS, FAT, FAT32, HFS+ file support
- Intuitive user interface with DVD-style navigation
- Support for SAMI (smi), SRT and SUB subtitles
- Component video and Composite video support
- Optical S/PDIF audio and Stereo RCA sound options
- Bundled with a rich media-specific synchronization software application
- Included improved remote control to navigate video, photos or music
According to the company, Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ HD media player supports even more file formats including MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (VOB/ISO), MPEG-4 (DivX /Xvid formats), DivX HD, Xvid HD, AVI, MOV, MKV, RMVB, AVC HD, H.264, WMV9, VC-1, M2TS, TS/TP/M2T, JPEG files up to 20 megapixels, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF, AAC, MP3, Dolby Digital, DTS, ASF, FLAC, WMA, LPCM, ADPCM, WAV and OGG.
The new Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ HD media player that came as a stand-alone unit and a kit bundled with a 500GB FreeAgent Go drive are now available for about $150 and $290, respectively.
Check out the review of Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ HD by My Digital Life.