If you download Windows Vista retail version DVD media image, or download pirate leaked RTM edition of Windows Vista, or have MSDN release, you will need to import and install Microsoft signed OEM certificate for corresponding OEM-made computer with BIOS that supports SLA 2.0 and build with SLIC ACPI table from Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Sony or other manufacturers. OEM cert is a requirement for OEM style permanent Windows Vista activation, where users need not to activate online if they have the correct and valid OEM product key. If you download OEM version of Windows Vista DVD media, the digital certificate is already built-in into the distribution disc.
Update: Download 31 Windows Vista activation OEM digital certs with auto installer.
Download OEM certificates for the brands:
To use, import and install the signed OEM certificates, follow the steps below:
- Download and install any of the following Windows Vista edition:
- During installation, enter the corresponding edition of OEM product key listed in this file (CD-Key.txt).
- After installing Windows Vista, open an elevated command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command to import the correct OEM cert:
slmgr.vbs -ilc <path>oemcert.xrm-ms
For example, to import and install an Dell OEM cert for a Dell computer, execute (assuming the OEM cert is located at C:\ drive:
slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\dell.xrm-ms
- Windows Vista should be automatically and permanently activated.
Note: If you purchased and own an OEM desktop or laptop computer, download the latest version of BIOS from the computer’s manufacturers to see if a SLP2.0 supported BIOS has been released or not. If the motherboard’s BIOS does not support SLP 2.0 (SLIC and Windows Marker), try to search for mod BIOS or modify BIOS yourself (high risk).
Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purpose only. Please support genuine software.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links