Google Chrome, unlikely any other web browsers, does not detect RSS feed (or Atom feed or any other type of feed) on websites. Hence, Google Chrome (Chromium) users cannot preview or subscribe to a RSS feed easily, where as in other web browsers, such as IE, Firefox, Safari or Opera, browser auto-detects any feeds available, and users can easy view the feed and subscribe to it with few clicks.
Google Chrome is built as a basic web browser without much fanfare or gimmick, while allowing user to add in features of functionality that they require via Google Chrome extensions.
RSS Subscription Extension is an extension developed by Google which auto-detects RSS feeds on the web page, and upon finding any feed, will display an RSS icon button in the Omnibox, allowing user to click on the button to preview the feed content and subscribe. The extension comes with 4 feed readers predefined (Google Reader, iGoogle, Bloglines and My Yahoo), with flexibility to allow user to add any web-based feed reader to the list.
RSS Subscription Extension will finally be preinstalled onto Google Chrome, but in the meanwhile, anybody who wants the RSS feed feature in Google Chrome can install the extension in Chrome browser at the following URL:
RSS Subscription Extension currently requires at least the beta channel of Google Chrome to install onto.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode