Sony PlayStation Portable 2 (PSP 2) or codenamed Next Generation Portable (NGP) is the next generation handheld entertainment system from Sony. The device has been designed to replace its popular PlayStation Portable (PSP) with a range of features that provide genuinely cutting-edge, next generation and ultimate portable entertainment experience.
Key features of the Sony PlayStation Portable 2 includes:
- Quad-Core ARM Cortex 9 processor.
- Quad Core GPU.
- 5-inch OLED touch screen display with 960×544 resolutions.
- Supports 3G and WiFi connectivity.
- A rear-mounted touchpad.
- An electronic compass.
- Accelerometer and gyroscope motion sensing.
- Front camera and back camera.
- Dual analog sticks.
- Games will come in a “new media”.
- PlayStation Network access which includes “LiveArea”, “Near” and “Activity” log features Trophy Support.
- NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store.
- Built-in GPS and Wireless location support service.
The Sony PlayStation Portable 2(PSP 2) with dimensions of 182 x 18.6 x 83.5mm is expected to be available by end of 2011. However, the price of the device is not yet announced.