With the release of Windows 7 RC which takes Microsoft a step further to release Windows 7 as a final product (RTM), the official minimum system hardware requirements for Windows 7 operating system has been released too. The final Windows 7 minimum system requirements are slightly modified to increase the hardware specs required to run 64-bit (x64) edition of Windows 7.
According to ZDNet, the minimum hardware recommendations for Windows 7 are:
- 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB of RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB of system memory (64-bit)
- 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB of avaiable disk space (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.
- 2 GB of system memory.
- Extra additional 15 GB of free disk space.
- Intel-VT or AMD-V supported and enabled CPU (to support hardware virtualization). This requirement is now optional with the installation of KB977206 to remove hardware virtualization prerequisite.
The minimum system requirements for Windows 7 are generally applied to all editions of Windows 7, and not SKU-specific. The requirements remain largely unchanged from minimum system requirements of Windows Vista, which should allow Windows Vista user to make easier upgrade decision.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes