Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) has finally been released by Microsoft to MSDN and TechNet subscribers, plus Connect testers, as reported earlier. From April 30th, 2009 20:00 pm onwards, people with MSDN or TechNet subscription can go to Subscriber Downloads section to download the various original Windows 7 RC DVD ISO images. The genuine activation product keys to activate Windows 7 RC can also be generated, although the free beta product keys for Windows 7 Beta is still usable.
According to the press release, Windows 7 RC will be publicly available on May 5 on the Microsoft Download Center (http://microsoft.com/downloads), together with Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC (which has leaked). Windows 7 RC, when activated, will run until June 1, 2010, although after 1 March 2010 the installed system will reboot every two hours. Luckily, Windows 7 RTM will probably be released before the expiry date.
Anyway, even though general can’t download Windows 7 from official Microsoft server yet, the Windows 7 RC ISO images have leaked way ahead of the official release date. Everybody who wants to try the OS can download the leaked Windows 7 RC ISO images via BitTorrent network. MSDN and TechNet subscribers can go to the following links to download instead. Both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions are available for download.
Windows 7 RC has improved on several areas since Windows 7 Beta is released. For example, better touch and multi-touch support, better scaling of the Taskbar, remote media streaming which allow WMP (Windows Media Player) to playback video and music in media libraries stored on remote computer over the Internet, more compact Now Playing mode in WMP, improved Windows search, native Blu-Ray support on improved Windows Media Center, updated Device Stage for all devices, more attractive Windows Themes (download Windows 7 wallpapers), Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP mode.
Windows 7 RC also removes three features which are Bluetooth audio support, Guest Mode and Autorun for any device other than optical drives.
Interesting to note that, the SHA1 and CRC hash values provided by TechNet and MSDN have been identical with the leaked ISO images, proofing that the leaked DVD ISO images are untouched, unmodified, and real deal. It also means that the final Windows 7 RC build version is indeed 7100. Below is the details of several Windows 7 DVD ISOs.
Windows 7 Ultimate RC (x86) – DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_rc_x86_dvd_349010.iso
Windows 7 Ultimate RC (x64) – DVD (English)
File Name: en_windows_7_ultimate_rc_x64_dvd_347803.iso
Microsoft has also confirmed that will be released in the Holiday season by Microsoft Senior Vice President Bill Veghte, as per speculation.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs