Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) is a software utility from Microsoft that helps system administrators to install, customize, manage and deploy the Microsoft Windows and Windows Server family of operating systems.
Windows AIK contains a set of handy tools and documentation which support the configuration and deployment of Windows operating system. Users can automate Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, configure and modify images using Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management (DISM), create Windows PE (Preinstallation Environment images, and migrate user profiles and data with the User State Migration Tool (USMT) via this powerful Windows AIK.
The major change for Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 SP1 is that it includes Windows PE (WinPE) 3.1, which is being released as an WAIK supplement for Windows 7 SP1. Win PE 3.1 includes all optional components and language packs, which can be applied to customize the boot.wim and winre.wim images that are part of the Windows 7 SP1 installation media.
You can continue to use the Windows 7 RTM version of the Windows AIK to install both Windows 7 and Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.
Microsoft will not re-release the Windows AIK will not be re-released to support Windows 7 with Service Pack 1. Thus, you have to have Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) for Windows 7 RTM with WinPE 3.0 before using the Windows PE 3.1 supplement. The WinPE 3.1 supplement is optional. If you do not need to modify the SP1 boot.wim and winre.wim files, you can continue to use the Windows AIM for Windows 7 RTM without installing the supplement.
New features in Windows PE 3.1:
- The number in the Version registry value is 3.1 to reflect the new Windows PE version.
- The Windows PE 3.1 base image contains Remote Network Driver Interface Specification (RNDIS) binaries. These binaries are also available for Windows PE 3.0 as a hotfix. For more information, see Knowledge Base Article ID: 979265.
- Windows PE 3.1 includes 802.1x binaries as an optional component. The file name of this package is WinPE-Dot3Svc.cab. This optional component is also available for Windows PE 3.0 as a hotfix. For more information, see Knowledge Base Article ID 972831.
- The Windows PE 3.1 base image contains fixes that are related to 4k/512e drive support. These fixes are also available for Windows PE 3.0 as a hotfix. For more information, see Knowledge Base Article ID: 982018.
- Windows PE 3.1 includes bug fixes that are related to the Windows PE version that is included with Windows 7 SP1.
To install the WinPE 3.1 for Windows 7 SP1 supplement, mount the ISO image and copy the content on the DVD ISO image to replace the Windows AIK\Tools\PETools folder.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Premium Free Download For Limited Time
- Microsoft Edge Dev 126.96.36.199 New Updated Now Available for Download
- Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key
- Norton Security Deluxe Free Download With 3 Months Genuine License Serial Key