Microsoft has released final version of Internet Explorer 7, the next generation of web browser with enhanced security and most-want features. Public can download IE7 full version installer via direct download link from Microsoft. However, when you try to install IE 7, there is a Windows Genuine Advantage WGA validation check for whether genuine Windows installed. If you for any reason failed the genuine Windows test, you can still install Internet Explorer 7, by making your Windows genuine so that everything will be WGA validated positive. If installation still unable to proceed, IE7 can still be installed by using several method including the previously known patched IECustom.dll method.
UPDATE: IE7 now totally free without validation
Download and install (by double click on .reg file contained in the zip file) the WPA registry hack, which modifies among others, the registry key entry of OOBETimer and LastWPAEventLogged at registry branch of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents, that will make your copy of Windows as is genuine and fully passed WPA (Windows Product Activation). After patching the registry, simply launch of installer of the IE7 to start the setup, by double clicking on the setup file downloaded from Microsoft. The trick works on 32-bit and 64-bit edition of IE7, and will allow users to access Microsoft (Windows) Update too. Else, use the following method.
- Download Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.
- Uninstall any existing previous version of IE7, including IE 7 RC1 or Beta version. To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 RC1, go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, and remove “Windows Internet Explorer 7”. If you unable to see the listing of Windows Internet Explorer 7, run the following command to uninstall from Run of Start menu:%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe
To uninstall Internet Exxplorer 7 Beta 3, Beta 2, Beta 2 Preview, or Beta 1, go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and remove “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3”, “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2”, or “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview”. If you unable to see the listing of any version of Internet Explorer 7 in Add or Remove Programs window, select the Show Updates check box at the top of the Add or Remove Programs window, then search for “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview” or “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1” under the section of Windows XP – Software Updates, and then remove the beta browser by clicking Change/Remove. If you still having problem to uninstall previous version of IE 7, visit IE7 release notes for more specific instructions and guides.
- Download the crack for IE7 installer (IE7RC1_WGA_Crack.zip) or crack for IE7 installer (IE7_Final_WGA_Crack.zip) (direct link removed due to complaints from Microsoft) which contains IECustom.dll and Normaliz.dll. It’s the same patched version of IECustom.dll which is used to install IE7 RC1, and still can be used to install IE7 Gold edition to bypass any WGA validation.
- Extract the zip file with cracks.
- Extract the setup file of IE7 by using WinRAR extraction tool.
- Copy the patched iecustom.dll to the Update folder of the extracted IE7 setup file. Overwrite any existing file.
- Run update.exe from the Update folder to start the IE7 installation setup. (Do not run iesetup.exe).
- At the end of the successful IE7 installation process, you will be asked to restart Windows, DO NOT RESTART Windows now! Click on the box ‘Do not restart now’ and then select the ‘Finish’ button.
- Run the update XmlLiteSetup.exe (Hotfix for Windows XP KB915865) to install or actualize the file xmllite.dll, otherwise there may be problems with menubars such as some items are missing or incomplete, or tabs is not working or not appearing.
- Run the update NlsDl.exe (Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs).
- Run the update IdnDl.exe (Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs). This update will also install the normaliz.dll which is absolutely needed for Windows system restart, thus eliminating the need to manually copy the normaliz.dll (so you can ignore normaliz.dll contained in the crack zip file above).
- Restart the Windows.
- Enjoy Internet Explorer 7.
If you don’t want to run the setup files from step 9 – 11, simply copy the normaliz.dll from crack to /Windows/System32/ folder. This step is important to avoid system giving Normaliz.dll is missing error. If you prefer not to manually copy the normaliz.dll, download this archive (link removed due to Microsoft complaint) which when execute, will unpack the normaliz.dll and automatically copy the dll file to /Windows/System32/ folder. If you have problem such as missing tabs, run XmlLiteSetup.exe from the Update folder.
If you’re having problem with the steps above, try to start with step 9 – 11 first for installation of setup exe before executing update.exe, as suggested by Dus.
Note: As the iecustom.dll is from the RC1 release version, you may notice the different version number of IE 7 from the final version of 7.0.5730.11 during installation. However, the Internet Explorer 7 will be of valid ver 7.0.5730.11 once installed and viewed from About.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purpose only. Readers should contacts Microsoft if their licensed or OEM software cannot be validated or purchase genuine software.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs