If the Microsoft’s proposed web browser ballot screen option to allow end-users to choose and install any additional web browsers on Windows 7 is not accepted by European Commission, Windows 7 E and Windows 7 N, another SKU that has already lack of Windows Media Player and related technologies, both will have Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) removed. Windows 7 N and Windows 7 E RTM, which available for every editions, are special SKUs of Windows 7 that available to consumers in countries belong European Economic Area (EEA) only.
Note: Windows 7 E will not be released. Instead, normal Windows 7 will now be released to Europe.
The main problem after installing Windows 7 E or Windows 7 N is that how end-user can download a web browser, when there is no browser to start with. Microsoft does plan to provide several ways to download web browser to install on Windows 7 E, and one of them is KB968771 Internet Explorer 8 Feature Pack add-on for Windows 7 E and N editions.
The KB968711 IE8 Feature Pack for Windows 7 E or N editions is likely to be distributed via Windows Update to installed Windows 7 E or N systems in Europe. For users who want a backup copy of the KB968771 IE Feature Pack for Windows 7 E and N editions that have IE8 removed, can download the KB968711 standalone update package for future use.
Download IE Feature Pack for Windows 7 N and E
32-bit (x86) version: Windows6.1-KB968771-x86.msu
Size: 28,2 MB (29,645,025 bytes)
64-bit (x64) version: Windows6.1-KB968771-x64.msu
Size: 40.8 MB (42,852,424 bytes)
The downloaded KB968771 MSU QFE (Quick Fix Engineering) update packages are official Internet Explorer 8 add-on packs for Windows 7 RTM x86 and x64 E or N versions. Most people do not need to download these package if you install your system using full functionality Windows 7 RTM retail ISO or Windows 7 RTM OEM ISO, as IE 8 already included on those systems.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements