Seagate, for its part, has been released new firmware software update for the FreeAgent Theater+ HD (FAT+) media player to add features, enhance functionality and fix bugs occasionally. However, the firmware upgrade process may not go smoothly in all cases.
For some owners of Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ HD, the device may fail to reboot after performing firmware upgrade. Other possible error is that the FreeAgent Theater+ HD no longer has access to Internet, via wired cable or wirelessly. And user will be greeted with initial setup wizard on every turn on or off of the media player.
The error happens because firmware update process has failed, perhaps because of a loss of power or a power surge. To recover the function of FreeAgent Theater+ HD media player, follow this procedure:
- Download the latest firmware update for FreeAgent Theater+ (FAT+) from seagate.com.
- Unpack the downloaded archive to retrieve the firmware image file, install.img.
- Copy the downloaded firmware to the root directory (directly onto drive letter without under any folder) of an USB flash drive, USB thumb drive or USB memory key. It’s also possible to use a USB mass storage device such as FreeAgent Go external hard disk drive.
- Unplug the FreeAgent Theater+ media player from power.
- Safely remove the USB drive from the computer and insert it into one of the FreeAgent Theater+’s USB ports.
- Press and hold in the Reset button on the rear of the FreeAgent Theater+ next to the power outlet while simultaneously reconnecting the Theater+ power cord to the back of the Theater+.
- Continue to hold the Reset button until the Seagate logo appears on the TV. The Updating screen will then open. Wait until it finishes the update before using the FreeAgent Theater+. The FreeAgent Theater+ may be rebooted after installation of new firmware is completed.