It has been previously documented that it’s possible to run Windows Vista without activation and without crack for up to 120 days with ReArm command to reset the initial grace period, with ReArm limit defaulted to 3 times. If you think 120 days free use of Vista is not enough, the activation can be further delayed or bypassed by using SkipRearm registry hack, which previously believed to be able to allow Windows Vista to be rearmed unlimited times. The trick has been proved, albeit partially.
ComputerWorld reported that SkipRearm registry trick, which the Microsoft described as an illegal hack, but properly document SkipRearm function as a feature of Microsoft Windows Security Licensing SLC component, has been proved to be able to make ‘slmgr -ream’ command to be run over and over again. The trick has been tested in Windows Vista Ultimate and Home Premium where SkipRearm can be changed up to 8 times. Thus, together with the default 3 rearms available, there is a total of 11 times slmgr -rearm that is possible, and thus allows users to use Windows Vista 360 days or almost 1 year of activation-free use.
According to Microsoft documentation, SkipRearm specifies whether a Vista system is allowed to run the Windows Software Licensing Rearm program, which restores the Windows system to the original licensing state. All licensing and registry data related to activation is either removed or reset. Any grace period timers are reset as well. There are 2 possible values, where 0, the default value, specifies that the computer will be rearmed, while 1 specifies that the computer will not be rearmed. And SkipRearm change can be applied to all editions of Windows Vista in all architecture (32-bit and 64-bit), although it the test, the SkipRearm registry change only works on Ultimate, Business, Enterprise and Home Premium edition, and not on Home Basic editon.
How to run Windows Vista legally with no activation for up to 1 year
- Run registry editor.
- For the first 3 rearm, skip this step. Navigate to the following registry key:
- Edit the value date of SkipRearm registry subkey (type DWORD) to 1 (00000001). By default, the value is 0 (00000000).
- Open command prompt with administrative rights.
- Run Rearm process in Windows Vista with one of the following commands:
- Sysprep /generalize
- cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs –rearm
- Rundll32 slc.dll,SLReArmWindows
- Restart computer.
- Repeat the process once the time left for activation almost comes to zero.
How to run Windows Vista with no activation indefinitely
Note: This is illegal, and listed here for educational and informational purpose only.
If you feel that 1 year of bypassing Windows Vista activation is not enough, it’s possible also to run Windows Vista without activation forever and indefinitely, by using TimerStop driver. Simply download TimerLock, the automated installer for TimerStop crack and 2099 trick, and apply it anytime during the activation grace period. The crack will freeze the activation countdown timer and lock the system in the state of initial grace forever, thus requires no activation for as long as the crack driver works.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational and informational purpose only. Please support genuine software.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Ashampoo Backup 2020 Free Download With Full Version License
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Serial Key Giveaway
- PDF Conversa Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost