Samsung has officially announced the upcoming availability of their first mobile tablet device – Samsung GALAXY Tab (GT-P1000). The GALAXY Tab Android 2.2 (Froyo) powered tablet combines video calling, GPS navigation, Readers Hub (ebook reader app), PC-like web-surfing with Flash Player 10.1 support and more multimedia features in a single compact device.
Features and specifications of Samsung GALAXY Tab includes:
- 7.0-inch multi-touch LCD display with WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600 pixels)
- 3 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash plus 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 1 GHz Cortex A8 application processor with PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Bluetooth 3.0, 3G HSPA and Wi-Fi 802.11n connectivity, plus 30-pin connector
- Samsung Readers Hub e-reading app for easy access to e-book library
- Samsung Media Hub and Music Hub to enhance your entertainment experience
“Samsung recognizes the tremendous growth potential in this newly created market and we believe that the Samsung GALAXY Tab brings a unique and open proposition to market. There is a new and emerging consumer demand that Samsung can satisfy since mobile is in our DNA. This demand continues to grow and develop as users tap its limitless potential,” commented JK Shin, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business for Samsung Electronics. “The Samsung GALAXY Tab has been designed to enable consumers to maximize their online experience wherever that may be. The Samsung GALAXY Tab is pushing the market in new directions and Samsung believes this is only the beginning of its innovations as pioneers in smart media devices.”
Samsung GALAXY Tab P1000 which measures 190.09 x 120.45 x 11.98 mm and weighs just 380 grams is expected to hit European market in mid September, UK (all carriers) in November, followed by Korea, United States (T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint and Asia in the near future.