The first 64-bit (x64) versions of Windows 8 operating system has been leaked. The leaked build is Windows 8 Server Enterprise edition M3 Build 7959, which is believed to be named as Windows Server 2012 when released to general public. Similar to leaked client version of Windows 8, Windows 8 M2 (Pre-M3) Build 7955, which can be activated with a Windows 7 Beta, RC or RTM product key, the Windows 8 Build 7959 can also be activated with product keys of Windows Server 2008 R2.
The early builds of Windows 8 may still very much base on Windows 7, and hence it had been found out that Windows 8 Ultimate Build 7955 can be activated with a Windows 7 product key from beta, RC or even RTM retail channel, the leaked Windows 8 Server Build 7959 can also be activated with a product key of Windows Server 2008 R2. Microsoft has been using a single same set of product keys for all users around the world who wants to install and activate Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta, Windows Server 2008 R2 RC or Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation copy. Thus, these product keys can be used for unlimited activation. Best of all, Microsoft is providing free evaluation version of Windows Server 2008 R2 on ongoing basis, which means that the product key cannot be banned or blacklisted.
It’s expected that Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta product keys, Windows Server 2008 R2 RC product keys, Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM retail product keys and the Windows Server 2008 R2 evaluation product keys. Of course, the product keys used must be meant for Enterprise edition, as the leaked Windows 8 Server 2012 Build 7959 is of Enterprise edition.
Here’s the list of publicly available product keys for various versions of Windows Server 2008 R2.
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise RC: Q7Y83-W4FVQ-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Beta: TFGPQ-J9267-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation: 7PJBC-63K3J-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
The product keys will activate Windows 8 Build 7959 to work until its expiry timebomb. By then, it’s highly likely that a new build will be leaked for “upgrading”.
Unfortunately, the activated Windows 8 Build 7959 does not automatically unlock and enable much-wanted Windows 8 features, as the Windows 8 activation system generates a special hash ID which determines which feature is available from the product key used to activate the system. Thus, these supposedly expired or meant for earlier versions product keys cannot unlock the features. In addition, as Windows 8 Build 7959 is a server edition, a lot of features have been disabled to make the server works faster. You will need to manually enable workstation features through Control Panel.
Note that it’s not necessary to activate the system to unlock most hidden locked Windows 8 features. After installation, there is 30 days activation grace period to enjoy the system for free.
To activate Windows 8 Build 7959, go to Control Panel -> Action Center -> Genuine Center. Click on Enter a new product key button. Enter one of the product key and proceed to activate the system. The activation should be successful. Interestingly, it’s “Windows Server 2008 R2” that is been activated successfully.
Alternatively, it’s also possible to activate Windows 8 M2/M3 via Command Prompt with the following commands:
slmgr.vbs -ipk <product key>
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key
- Windows 10 Build 18342.8 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
- How To Download Videos in TikTok – Step-By-Step Guide
- Facebook Messenger Dark Mode – How To Enable Facebook Messenger Dark Mode