A Windows Vista programming enthusiast named “Computer User” has successfully “stumbled upon” a trick or workaround that uses brute force attack method to try to generate a valid and legit Windows Vista product key. The Windows Vista brute force “keygen” is actually a VBScript that tries one product key to another product key until it manages to generate and find a legitimate and accepted Windows Vista key for the edition that has been installed. Since then, another hacker Snooza has since integrated the brute force Vista keygen (key generator) into slmgr.vbs VBScript to make the whole process to illegally crack and activate Windows Vista easy and simple. Slmgr (Software Licensing Manager) is the main component in Windows Vista that handles activation.
Windows Vista Brute Force Keygen usage instruction:
- Download Windows Vista Brute Force Keygen version 2.0 (vista_keygen_2.0.zip) (contains slmgr.vbs, slmgr (original).vbs and keyfinder.exe) (Old version: Brute_Force_Keygen.zip).
- Backup the file of C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs to another name or another folder location.
- If you can’t delete or replace the original slmgr.vbs due to permission issue, open Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\ folder, right click on slmgr.vbs, then select “Properties”, go to the “Security” tab, click on the “Ownership”, and then click “Take Ownership”. Answer Yes to the prompt message. Next, give the Everyone group Full Control permissions by click on Add in “Security” tab, and then browse to and add the Everyone group. Give Everyone group Full Control permission and then click on OK.
- Extract the keygen-enabled slmgr.vbs from the zip archive to C:\Windows\System32\ folder. Replace and overwrite the original slmgr.vbs.
- Run Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder.exe from the unzipped archive, and note down the current complete or partial product key. You can also use other utilities that allow you to view Windows Vista product key.
- Click on Start button, and then “Run”.
- Type “cmd” and hit “OK” button to launch Command Prompt. You may need to open elevated command prompt or turn of UAC.
- In the command prompt, type:
C:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk generate
A process called “wscript.exe” will start to generate Windows Vista by brute force guessing one key by one key. It will check aproximately 10000 keys per 30 minutes depending on your computer’s CPU power. So the whole process may take a lot of CPU resources and lengthy time.
- Wait for a a while – from a few hours to may be days for the keygen to do its work.
- Once the keygen finds a legit and usable Vista key, it will change the product key of Windows Vista automatically. So after some time, check the Vista system product key with Magic Jellybean keyfinder.exe again to see if the product key or serial CD key has been changed from the original key noted above.
- If the product serial key is changed, try to activate Windows Vista with the following command in Windows Vista:
- If activation fails or unsuccessful, try to generate another new key.
- Once the keygen works and activation success, replace back with the original slmgr.vbs that has been backup. Or use the slgmr (original).vbs that comes in the zip archive (rename it to slmgr.vbs).
The Vista Brute Force KeyGen should works on every edition of Windows Vista, including Windows Vista Ultimate, Home Premium, Business and Home Basic, regardless of 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64).
The beauty of this brute force keygen for Windows Vista is that the crack is a simply a random guesser, try each possible product key one by one, and thus over the long run, people will start activating legit keys that are owned by other people, including those boxed retail version of Windows Vista product keys that are on the store shelves, causing those who buy and purchase valid Windows Vista license to have problem activating Windows Vista with their genuine but already used product key. According to the Inquirer, “this is ugly for MS, and if it allows you to take back your legit keys, how long do you think it will take before people catch on to the fact that you can call in and hijack already purchased keys once you generate one that someone else activated?”
DISCLAIMER by Computer User: Under no circumstances should anyone sell the key that they generate. I do not support Piracy, this was simply an experiment in which i used to practice my VBscripting. This was just for fun and was a complete accident! Sorry for cracking your beautiful operating system Bill Gates!
Disclaimer: This article is for educational and informational purpose only. Please support genuine software.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 Roll Out for Windows Insiders – Here Full Changelog of What Fixes, Changes, and Improvement (Free State of Decay)
- Windows 10 Voice Recorder Keyboard Shortcuts
- Free Elegant Art Nouveau Fonts for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Want to share the Apple devices content to SmartTV with AirPlay 2? Here are the SmartTV models support AirPlay 2
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 for PC Released – Here What’s Full Details of Changes