The development of Microsoft Office 2010, the new version of popular business productivity software, has almost completed where it’s now in RC or even RTM Escrow milestone. Rumor is that Office 2010 will be officially released to manufacturing on April 2010, while Microsoft promises that Office 2010 will hit the retail stores on June 2010.
To avoid affecting sales of Office 2007 in the immediate months waiting for imminent release of Office 2010, Microsoft looks set to offer Office 2010 Technology Guarantee Program, similar to Windows 7 Upgrade Options and Windows Vista Technology Guarantee Program, which provides free upgrade to Office 2010 when it’s officially released to GA (general availability) for newly purchased Office 2007.
According to a blog post (has since been deleted, but still accessible via Google Cache) by Charles Van Heusen, a Microsoft’s Technology Specialist on Microsoft U.S. Partner Community (ts2community.com), Microsoft Office 2010 Technology Guarantee Program will allow customer who buys qualifying Office 2007 product (with or without a new PC) from an authorized reseller between March 5 – September 30, 2010 to download and receive the corresponding Office 2010 for free, complete with activation product key. The retail prices of Office 2010 has also been revealed.
Good news is that end-user doesn’t have to worry about whether the PC can run Office 2010 after upgrading, as Office 2010 system requirements generally is the same for both Office 2007 and Office 2010. Which means the computer that can run Office 2007 can run Office 2010 too.
Generally, customers who intend to take advantage of the free Office 2010 upgrade program has to do the following:
- Purchase or buy a qualifying Office 2007 product (with or without a new PC) from an authorized reseller between March 5 – September 30, 2010.
- Install and activate Office 2007 by September 30, 2010.
- Request the free upgrade to Office 2010 by October 31, 2010.
Office 2010 can be downloaded for free when it’s generally available, or customers can order a DVD for a fee.
The qualifying Office 2007 suite products and the corresponding free upgrade path to Office 2010 suite SKU:
- Office Home and Student 2007 -> Office Home & Student 2010
- Office Standard 2007 -> Office Home and Business 2010
- Office Small Business 2007 -> Office Professional 2010
- Office Professional 2007 -> Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 -> Microsoft Publisher 2010
In addition, the free Office 2010 upgrade product key must be requested by October 31, 2010 using the activated Office 2007 product Key and dated sales receipt. And, only one Office 2010 product per qualifying Office 2007 purchase, and the free upgrade licenses is limited to a maximum of twenty-five upgrades per person.
Update: The details of Office 2010 Technology Guarantee free upgrade has been published.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18865 (20H1) for Insiders Skip Ahead
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18361 Released Fast ring Insiders – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy + Blu-ray Ripper Free Download With License Key Code
- Windows 10 Build 18351 For Insiders in Slow Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes, Changes, Improvements, and Known Issues
- DriverMax Free Download With 1-year Genuine License Serial Key