Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) is the official name for new free anti-virus security offering from Microsoft, which previously codenamed as Morro. Microsoft Security Essentials replaces Windows Live OneCare and Windows Defender.
MSE features a a streamlined solution with smaller footprint that focuses on core but comprehensive anti-malware protection including viruses, spyware, rootkits and trojans. As it’s free, don’t expect the security solution to equip with additional non-security features or advanced functions that comes with commercial consumer security suites from other third-party vendors, such as firewall.
Microsoft is expected to release Microsoft Security Essentials for public beta testing on
September 2009 June 23rd, 2009 via http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ (the public beta of Microsoft Security Essentials is now online), and several leaked screenshots of the Morro has appeared on the Internet, even though the final product will be available only before end of 2009. Now, Windows users who can’t wait to try the newest free Microsoft Security Essentials product from Microsoft, or to replace the paid anti-virus or anti-malware subscription, copies of its setup installers have leaked to Internet, and available for free download. However, do note that although it’s labeled as version 1.0.2140.0, it’s still a beta pre-release software, and may contains bugs. The beta, RC or final RTM of Microsoft Security Essentials is expected to have a newer build.
Microsoft Security Essentials have been tested internally by Microsoft employees since June 1, 2009. The leaked setup installers appear to be genuine. Beside, virus and malware signature definition update for Microsoft Security Essentials have been working properly too, ensuring up-to-date protection. The freeware Microsoft Security Essentials is available as a stand-alone free download and will support Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.
Download Microsoft Security Essentials
32-bit (x86) Windows Vista and Windows 7: mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-vista.exe
64-bit (x64) Windows Vista and Windows 7: mssefullinstall-amd64fre-en-us-vista.exe
Windows XP: mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-xp.exe
Unfortunately, although Microsoft Security Essentials is free, but it requires genuine Windows validation (aka WGA validation), and many Windows users who fail to validate the genuine test may force to use crack to bypass WGA validation.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Steganos Privacy Suite 19 Free Download With Genuine License Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Premium Free Download For Limited Time
- Microsoft Edge Dev 18.104.22.168 New Updated Now Available for Download
- Bitdefender Total Security 2020 Free Download With Genuine License Series Key
- Norton Security Deluxe Free Download With 3 Months Genuine License Serial Key