User who attempts to install Outlook Connector for Office 2010 version 14 on Microsoft Office 2010 Technical Preview version or Microsoft Office 2010 Beta 1 version, the following error message which stops Outlook Connector for installing properly may appear:
You should have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 installed for the Connector.
The stop-halt error appear even though Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 is installed. Outlook Connector is essential for user who wants to download and synchronize Windows Live Hotmail or MSN account folders with Outlook, which includes e-mail messages, contacts and calendars, unlike Hotmail POP3 retrieval which collects new emails in Inbox only.
Apparently the Outlook Connector for Office 2010 may allow itself to work only with final RTM version of Office 2010. For user who wants to Office 2010, specifically Outlook 2010 with Windows Live Hotmail via Outlook Connector, use the following workaround to install Outlook Connector on Office Outlook 2010.
- In addition to Office 2010, download and install Office 2007. No product key nor activation is required as trial version is workable too.
- Install Outlook Connector for Office 2010.
- Run Office Outlook 2010, and configure Windows Live Hotmail or MSN Hotmail account.
- Outlook 2010 should automatically download and install proper version of Outlook Connector.
- Restart Outlook 2010.
- Uninstall Office 2007.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18898 Released to the Fast Ring with Task Manager Improvements
- Dashlane Premium Free 1-Year Access With No Cost
- Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 Build 18362 (19H1)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 (20H1) Released to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring – Here What’s New, Fixes, Changes, Improvements
- Google Chrome 74 Released – Here the Changes and Download Links