OEM BIOS Emulation Toolkit for Windows Vista is a crack tool that enable user to bypass or crack 32-bit Windows Vista (x86) product activation requirement, by emulating hardware-embedded BIOS ACPI_SLIC license information of so called “Royalty OEMs” (e.g. ASUS, HP, Dell) which allowed to ship computer products with Windows Vista installation that does not require any kind of product activation as this might be seen an unnecessary inconvenience for the end-user. With the emulated BIOS with correct Windows Marker, obtaining further activation information online or by phone is obsolete and no longer needed. Best of all, no flashing of mod BIOS needs to be done.
Both softmod.iso Software BIOS emulator and OEM BIOS Emulation Kit is similar. However, the popular softmod.iso BIOS emulator makes use of vstaldr Grup multiboot boot loader to load the emulation driver during initial boot up of system, while the OEM BIOS Emulation Toolkit is completely software based Windows driver which runs within Windows Vista operating system environment. It works by presenting BIOS ACPI_SLIC information to Windows Vista’s licensing mechanism by means of a device driver, and combined with a matching product key and OEM certificate, Windows Vista is fooled to assume that the system is genuine OEM product and render any system activated with this method practically indistinguishable from a legit pre-activated system shipped by the respective OEM.
- Install the Windows Vista x86 edition (any edition including Windows Vista Ultimate is possible) without entering any product key during setup. Any Windows Vista x86 installation media can be used, regardless of whether it’s MSDN, Retail, OEM, RTM release. However, if you’re using OEM DVD media, make sure you choose the correct OEM brand for BIOS simulation, and you can skip the step to install OEM certificate.
- Download Paradox OEM BIOS Emulation Toolkit v1.0 (paradox.rar).
- Extract paradox.rar to a folder.
- Disable User Access Control.
- Run OEMTOOL.EXE (right click on it and choose “Run as Administrator” if you don’t disable UAC), then select the OEM BIOS information to emulate (ASUS might be a good choice given the fact that it’s the only OEM for which has leaked complete set of product keys for all editions of Windows Vista), and hit the ‘<Install Emulation Driver>’ button to install the emulation driver (Royal.sys).
If above method to install BIOS emulation driver fails, you can alternatively just right-click the ROYAL.INF file and chose ‘Install’ from the right click context menu. However, this installation method only allows user to install emulation driver with default OEM BIOS information (ASUS) and is discouraged.
If you’re prompted with warning dialog on whether to install an unsigned driver, allow it.
- Reboot the computer.
- Install the OEM certificate (also comes with the archive in CERTS folder) matching your OEM selection during driver installation by running the following command in command prompt:
SLMGR.VBS -ilc <OEMNAME>.XRM-MS
For example, use “SLMGR.VBS -ilc C:\ASUS.XRM-MS” if you chose to install the default driver and extracted the certificate file to C:\.
- Install an OEM product key (also comes with the archive in pkeys.txt file, or more OEM product key published by different OEMs in CD-KEY.txt) matching the installed edition of Windows Vista x86 by running the following command in command prompt:
SLMGR.VBS -ipk <OEM_PRODUCT_KEY>
For example, use “SLMGR.VBS -ipk 6F2D7-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX” if you’re running Windows Vista Ultimate using the default emulation driver (ASUS).
- Verify the Windows Vista activation and licensing status by running ‘SLMGR.VBS -dlv’ in command prompt or right-click ‘Computer’ and chose ‘Properties’.
If you’re using softmod.iso BIOS emulator but miss the floppy disk drive (A drive) which is been used as a virtual drive to load the emulation drive by boot loader, this toolkit is a workaround solution.
OEMTool.exe also comes with a ‘<Dump OEM BIOS Information>’ button which dumps the BIOS ACPI_SLIC information of any SLP 2.0-enabled OEM system to a file. The dump can then be used to emulate (‘clone’) the legit exported SLIC information on any other system by specifying the ‘Custom’ option. If you want to dump the OEM BIOS from actual OEM product with hardware-embedded SLIC information, make sure that you don’t install the emulation driver, or else it’s the OEM BIOS information of emulation driver that is been extracted.
Disclaimer: This article is for educational and informational purpose only.
Share This Post
- Able2Extract Professional 11 Review – A Powerful PDF Tool
- How to Install Windows 10 & Windows 8.1 with Local Account (Bypass Microsoft Account Sign In)
- How to Upgrade CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora Linux Kernel (cPanel WHM)
- How to Install Popcorn Time Movies & TV Shows Streaming App on iOS (iPhone & iPad) With No Jailbreak
- Stream & Watch Free Torrent Movies & TV Series on iOS with Movie Box (No Jailbreak)
- Xiaomi AMAZFIT Cor IPS Smartband User Manual English Version
- Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K 30fps Action Camera User Manual English Version
- Free Download 8 Awesome Software (Worth $350+) For Special Giveaway
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18234 Released to Insider in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17755 What’s New, Fixed and Known issues for PCs