iOS 4.3 update build 8F190 or 8F191 has been officially released for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 3rd generation iPod touch, 4th generation iPod touch, iPad and iPad 2. An build 8F191m iOS 4.3 update is available for Apple TV too, however Apple TV registers it as version 4.2. One of the major feature enhancement for iOS 4.3 is addition of Personal Hotspot feature, which allows iPhone, iPod touch and iPad to share its Internet connection (through 2G/3G mobile cell data connection or Wi-Fi) with other devices wirelessly.
iOS 4.3 Software Update Features:
- Personal Hotspot – Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
- iTunes Home Sharing – Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
- New AirPlay features – Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV; Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
- HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter – View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
- Ping features – Push notifications for comments and follow requests; Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen; Parental controls
- New Settings – Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert; iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
- Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
- Bug fixes
The multitouch gesture, which is rumored to be replacing the Home button, is not included in the update, though there is hack to enable and activate multitasking gestures.
iDevice can be upgraded directly by connecting to iTunes 10.2. The direct download links to the standalone iOS software upgrade full packages are also available.
Direct Download Links for iOS 4.3
- iPhone 4 (GSM): iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4 (CDMA version 4.2.6): iPhone3,3_4.2.6_8E200_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 3GS: iPhone2,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
- iPod Touch 3G: iPod3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
- iPod Touch 4G: iPod4,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
- iPad: iPad1,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
- iPad 2 (WiFi): iPad2,1_4.3_8F191_Restore.ipsw
- iPad 2 (GSM): iPad2,2_4.3_8F191_Restore.ipsw
- iPad 2 (CDMA): iPad2,3_4.3_8F191_Restore.ipsw
- Apple TV 2G: AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F191m_Restore.ipsw
Update: iOS 4.3.1 (4.2.1)